Friday, December 7, 2007

Getting to know MOM!

Well we all know that this time of year it is all about the kids right! Well the same goes at each of my sessions. So I thought a fun way to finish out the year would be to highlight some of the moms of the great families I have worked with this year. So some moms will be answering these questions for me! Every few days I will highlight a new mom along with a few pictures of their kids. (Didn't think I'd leave those out did you?!)




First up we have Jennifer! We met at my mini session event in October and had a wonderful time!

1. First name & city:
Jenn - Wheatfield

2. How many children, first names and ages:
1 child -- Katie, 2 and a half

3. What's on the top of your Christmas list?
If I could ask Santa for anything, (and it wasn't coming out of my personal bank account!!), I'd ask him for an iPod Touch or an iPhone.

4. What's on the top of your children's wish lists?
Katie would probably be happy with a giant pile of stickers this year. Next year I'm sure she'll make a list a mile long!

5. The gift you are most excited to give:
Any of Katie's gifts.

6. What is your favorite family holiday tradition?
Christmas at my house -- My entire life, Christmas has always been at my house, no getting dragged from house to house on Christmas Day. So, when we had a child, I wanted the same for her. So everyone in the family comes to our house for Christmas.
Second favorite tradition -- My mom's gift to me (and now Katie) on Christmas Eve: new jammies!

7. One store getting a lot of your business for gifts this Holiday season:
Oh, my, the internet in general :)

8. Favorite holiday food?
Do I have to list one??? OK, Starbucks Peppermint Mocha. Wait, that's not really food. Food would be my Prime Rib roast I serve at Christmas dinner.

9. How would you describe your holiday decorating style?
Festive, bright, yet tasteful. We have two trees, the Disney tree and the regular tree. (I worked at a Hallmark shop all through college, so I have a LOT of Christmas ornaments!) And there are lots of snowmen in the decor this year. I LOVE interior decorating!!!

10. What was the last book you read to your children?
"Dora's Book of Manners." Again.

11. Favorite activity to do with your children in the winter:
Uh, I am not really a winter person :) But I am looking forward to taking Katie sledding this year. And making a snowman, though my guess is after two minutes, she'll lose interest.

12. What are your favorite websites or blogs to visit?
I like news websites, that's how I get my news now. And I frequent a Weight Watchers support website where I have met a lot of great online mom friends.

13. What are your 3 favorite local restaurants:
Avacados (fresh-Mex food, in the plaza across from UB south), Fortuna's (Niagara Falls - actually ALL of the Italian restaurants in Niagara Falls are awesome), Fiamma's Steak House (Hertel Ave, Buffalo)

14. What is your favorite girls night out spot?
The mall. The mall has it all!

15. What local groups or causes are you involved with? (Do you belong to or support any volunteer organizations?)
Pregnant with Cancer Network -- A few years ago, my friend who works at Roswell Park asked me if I would be interested in doing design work for this group. I layout their newsletter. It is heartbreaking to think about being diagnosed with cancer at any time, but ESPECIALLY when pregnant. This group is wonderful, tons of support and hope and information for women who have cancer while pregnant.

16. Any business or fun stuff you want to share? (Give a link if you have one, or contact info!)
Shameless plug: I do freelance graphic design on the side. My specialty is invitation and special event design (weddings, parties, etc.), but I also do layout and design for business, marketing and advertising. And I also do calligraphy. I can be reached at jenn@jennpatersondesign.com or at 807-4613.

17. And last but not least, what do you *love* about SH Portraits? (I had to!)
I LOVE the artistic and candid poses. The way you photograph children captures their little souls -- look at the way their eyes are so reflective and bright!!!





0 comments: