Saturday, December 27, 2008

Mom #2!

I hope everyone had a great holiday! I am really looking forward to 2009 and the many great things in store for SH Portraits and my family. Did I mention a dog is on its way in March?!

Go grab a hot drink and read up on Kristie - she is an awesome Mom with 2 ADORABLE little boys who were a complete joy for me to hang out with and photograph!

Name
Kristie S.

Hometown: Hamburg

What are your children's names and ages? Nathan- 28 months, Nicholas- 10 months

What is on the top of your Christmas list this year?
My list is pretty short.. a nice pair of PJ's.

What is on the top of your children's christmas list this year?
For Nathan it is definitely anything Thomas the Train; Nicholas is too young yet to have a list!

What gift are you most excited to give this year?
Nathan's Thomas the Train bouncehouse...when he sees the bouncehouse blown up and it has Thomas on it, he is going to be so excited!

What is your family's favorite holiday tradition?
Putting our Christmas tree up the day after Thanksgiving...after some super early shopping, we spend the rest of the day putting the tree up and decorating.

What store are most of your gifts coming from this holiday season?
Either online or at the mall! AC Moore (was there at 5 am on black friday for Thomas the Train toys) and Toys R Us.

What is your favorite holiday food?
Homemade holiday cookies....I especially like the sugar or peanut butter ones with the hershey kiss on top!

How would you describe your holiday decorating style?
Pottery barnish (if that is a style!)

What is the last book you read to your children?
For Nathan it was "Nursery Rhymes" and for Nicholas it was "Peekaboo Baby."

What is your favorite activity to do with your children in the winter? Sledding...Nathan is fearless on the small hill and this was Nicholas' first year being pulled around on the sled!

What are your favorite websites or blogs to visit?
Websites: www.momslikeme.com
Blogs: Mausy's Muzing- an amazing mom who has a son Nash that has down syndrome.

What local groups or causes are you involved with? Do you belong to or support any volunteer organizations?
The Down Syndrome Parent Support Group of Western New York; Bornhava (a preschool for children with disabilties).

What is something unique about your family?
We all have blue eyes...not sure how unique that is, but I think it is cool!

What are your favorite 3-4 images from your session? Please let me know what you were thinking when you first saw them and why you love them so much.

Nicholas (the one of him laying on the bed)- First thing I thought of when I saw it was "That Hair" it shows his curly soft hair and beautiful blue eyes.

Nathan (the close up of him smiling)- First thing I thought was "look how handsome he looks"...I love how it highlights his eyes and smile.
Nicholas (the one from the Christmas card)- He looks angelic to me in that photo...his eyes say so much and of course, "That Hair".
Nathan (the one with him holding Thomas)- Nathan and his train and his grin of showing it off to you!!

Last - what do you love most about SH Portraits? I had to add it!
I love how you capture families in the moment and add your artistic prospective! Plus, I love the tons of compliments on our christmas cards...most of them were "beautiful christmas card!".

0 comments: