Sunday, January 21, 2007

A Winter Wonderland


About one week ago we had an ice storm here in Buffalo, NY. (Something I thought would never happen since the weather had been so unseasonal until that point!) While I was sitting on my couch watching television with my husband the night afterwards, I saw an oak tree. Then I noticed the streetlamp behind it and its reflection through the ice and on the snow covered sidewalk. I immediately pictured this portrait in my mind. So the next evening as soon as it was dark outside, I bundled up my little girl and asked her to stand very still for me while I took the picture. She cooperated and it is one of my new favorites. I hope you all enjoy it as well! Bundle up with a warm blanket, a cup of hot cocoa and your little ones tonight while you look at all of winter's wonders outside your window!






0 comments: